Operating a towing service requires you to operate your fleet vehicles in a timely manner. Using a tow truck tracking system allows you to efficiently locate your fleet vehicles and dispatch them to the nearest stranded driver. These major benefits of tow truck fleet tracking improve the organization of your towing operations and increase your fleet’s efficiency.
The Main Benefits
A tracking system, such as GPS software, is one of the essential tools for a tow truck fleet. If a stranded driver calls your business for help, your top priority is to get a tow truck to the scene. Using a tracking system allows you to know where your tow truck drivers are in real time. Improving the efficiency of your fleet means a higher rate of customer satisfaction and an increase in future business prospects.
The major benefits of tow truck fleet tracking include:
- Manage your entire fleet via one platform to track the location of vehicles.
- Easily identify the speed, location, and current direction of all vehicles in your fleet.
- Increase towing jobs by receiving the earliest alert of a stranded driver on the road.
- Recover missing wreckers by providing the last known GPS coordinates for missing assets.
- Improve the arrival time predictions of your tow trucks to increase customer satisfaction.
Improving Fleet Performance
Besides improving fleet efficiency, tow truck fleet tracking provides insight into the performance of your tow truck drivers and vehicles. Utilizing a tracking system allows you to have an accurate maintenance schedule and track driver behavior on the road to help ensure safe and appropriate business operations.
Additional Benefits of Fleet Tracking
Tow truck tracking systems help promote safe driving practices in your fleet because drivers are less likely to take risks when they know you’re monitoring them. Tow truck fleet tracking can also help identify unauthorized vehicle use and permit you to stop activities that increase fuel expenses for your business. In addition, a tow truck tracking system provides insight into road conditions to help optimize route planning and overall towing operations.